Highland Capital Management’s Success In Developing Innovative Products

April 24th, 2017

Highland Capital Management is an investment firm that manages hedge funds and structured investment funds. Together with its affiliates, the corporation has an asset base of $15.4 billion. Mark Okada and James Dondero are the brains behind Highland Capital Management. Notably, the company has maintained its leadership status in the provision of alternative credit management. The employees of the firm are experts in developing innovative credit strategies, including distressed and special-situation private equity, credit hedge funds, separate accounts, and collateralized loan obligations. In addition, the company offers world-class alternative investments. The company has a huge client base, including funds of funds, endowments corporations, public pension plans, financial institutions, high net-worth individuals, foundations and government.

The headquarters of the corporation are based in Dallas, Texas. Owing to the growth of the company’s operations, Highland Capital Management has been able to open offices in Singapore, New York, Sao Paulo and Seoul. By virtue of being in operation for over 20 years, the Highland Capital Management has been able to develop world-class products and services. In 1990, the company’s management entered into a partnership with protective Life Insurance Company. This partnership was based on fixed income markets, including the management of senior secured bank loans. In 1993, the company evolved into Protective Assets Management Company, a SEC-registered investment advisor. Protective life owned 60 percent of the shareholding while the founding partners were entitled to the remaining 40 percent. Over the years, Highland has played a pivotal role in structuring and monitoring more than 39 CLOs and CDOs. Notably, the company ranks as one of the largest managers of collateralized loan obligations (CLO) in the globe.

In 2002, Highland Capital Management launched their initial total return strategy, which zeroed in on distressed assets. In the same year, the corporation developed their first bank loan separate accounts for large public pension plans in the U.S. and Canada.

Presently, Highland has a diverse range of products for both its retail and institutional investors. The company has a growing team of 80 employees. Over the years, Highland has delivered innovative services that seek to augment the returns of their investors and protect their capital.

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.